At the Ford, we believe that the arts are a vital component of a healthy, thriving and inclusive community. The Ford Theatres Foster Youth Initiative addresses the needs of Los Angeles' foster youth - from young children to young adults - and their families by providing access to arts events, participatory arts experiences, job and internship opportunities, and more.
Launched in 2019, the Foster Youth Initiative is generously supported by Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, Third District and Million Dollar Roundtable, a nonprofit association and foundation for financial professionals. The Initiative was created in collaboration with foster youth service providers and community agencies, such as RaiseAChild, First Place for Youth and the Department of Children and Family Services.
Seeking to provide pathways to increase engagment and participation in the arts, the Initiative has several key elements:
- Complimentary tickets to select Ford Theatres 2019 Season shows for foster youth and their families. Check with your agency for information.
- Participatory arts events (JAM Sessions) designed specifically for foster youth participants.
- Part-time job and paid internship opportunities.
- A one-week filmmaking summer camp for high school-age youth.
- Family Fun Day: Make a Movie - a day for foster youth families to come together and make a short movie right at the Ford.
For information on how you can get involved or if you are a foster youth organization that would like more information for your constituents, please call 323-850-2000 or email email@example.com.
* No photographs of foster youth or their families are used on this page.